Sunday 5 June 2016

14 horses and a cannon

I recently bought Perry Miniatures' Battle in a box. This is my first real go at historical wargaming and I feel like I've unlocked a new level of nerd. I've always wanted to play ACW games but never really got round to it. I, like many gamers, suffer from the SNM (Shiny New Miniatures) syndrome so I am easily distracted but this is a properly big box full of miniatures.




I like that I can make 2 small forces and it comes with rules as well so I should be able to actually play a few games with them. However, this does mean that I have to put together and paint the 170+ miniatures first. Ouch!
Anyway, I've begun putting together some miniatures and I have to say, so far so good. I've decided to start with the horses because I don't particularly like to paint them. The sooner they're done, the better I reckon.



14 horses and a cannon. That means all the horses are done and I've only got another 3 cannons to do. I haven't decided on whether I want generic Union and Confederate armies or whether I want to paint up known regiments. I have some books on uniforms so I guess I'll be checking them to see if anything strikes my fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment